What Is Your Opinion About the News Of Zillow Buying Trulia

I am reposting this question which I asked Realtors across the Country in Active Rain.  While this is a small group who responded so far it is interesting to know that Realtors feel we are of value when it comes to representing both Buyers and Sellers in a real estate transaction primarily because Real Estate is still a relationship business and local business. You need a realtor to hold your hand and navigate the process of buying and selling. You need a realtor who you can TRUST and one who has the knowledge and expertise to help you.

With all of the analytics disposable to the public it does not replace a Relationship that you develop with a Realtor.

Answers 15 New Answer Subscribe to Answers

Post an Answer
145,093
David Baker Realtor – Laveen Homes for sale
HomeSmart – Laveen, AZ
Your local Expert

Cindy Davis I think that human touch is what will keep up going.  Real estate is a local and relation based transaction.  While the big powers that be will have a big control over the industry on-line, it is realtors and relations that are still needed.

Feb 18, 2015 01:29 PM

88,619
Kathleen Luiten
Princeville, HI

I don’t see it impacting the future of real estate at all, but possible the culture of Ar and maybe real estate brokerages. I think agents will remain vital but maybe the advantage of large national/international brokerages will be diminished over time.

Feb 18, 2015 01:19 PM

1,590,704
Ron & Alexandra Seigel
[email protected] – Carpinteria, CA
Luxury Real Estate Marketing

Jack,

I wish I had a crystal ball for this one.  Perhaps they joined forces so that they could outwit what I think is a formidable opponent, realtor.com, with the power of Rupert Murdoch publishing empire behind it.  A

Feb 18, 2015 10:23 AM

439,095
Inna Ivchenko
Mannis Real Estate Group – Calabasas, CA
Los Angeles / Valley Homes

As far as I know, we are not in control on this one. They will keep on pushing their profits probably even harder.

Feb 19, 2015 01:06 AM

Ambassador
1,598,599
Praful Thakkar
Keller Williams Realty – Andover, MA
Andover, MA: Andover Luxury Homes For Sale

Jack Lewitz people were afraid when Internet came – and then Web 2.0, even when Zillow started giving Zestimates, we thought we were going to lose our jobs!

In fact, it strengthened the relationship between the agent and the client!

Feb 18, 2015 08:57 PM

Ambassador
1,091,100
Debbie Laity
Cedaredge Land Company – Cedaredge, CO
Your Real Estate Resource for Delta County, CO

Purchasing a home is a big deal for most people and a decision that I think many buyers will want a hands on real estate professional for. Although with the changes I’ve seen in the last few years…who knows what might happen.

Like other people here have commented, I’m hoping it doesn’t affect AR.

Feb 18, 2015 08:47 PM

669,587
Larry Johnston
Broker, Friends & Neighbors Real Estate and Elkhart County Subdivisions, LLC – Elkhart, IN
Real Estate Broker

I just hope tha Active Rain doesn’t become a thing of the past because of all their changes.

Feb 18, 2015 07:27 PM

1,359,185
Evelyn Johnston
Friends & Neighbors Real Estate – Elkhart, IN
The People You Know, Like and Trust!

I am taking a wait and see attitude.  There have been many many changes since I joined in 2008 and we have weathered the storm.  No need to speculate and drive yourself into an ulcer.

Feb 18, 2015 06:43 PM

108,114
Marla Yost
Marla Yost Team- Keller Williams Realty – Arlington, TX
The Marla Yost Team

We will continue to sell real estate and corporations will keep buying each other out.

Feb 18, 2015 04:00 PM

Ambassador
1,354,633
Debbie Reynolds
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices PenFed Realty, Your Clarksville Real Estate Professional, 931-920-6730 – Clarksville, TN
Your Dedicated Clarksville TN Real Estate Agent

I don’t think Zillow acquiring Trulia has affected the future of real estate from the course it was already on. We all know that technology is rampantly changing the course that buyers and sellers will follow. Real estate is still local and carving a niche into the local market will assure you have business for a long time to come. It is a relationship business.

Feb 18, 2015 03:46 PM

86,857
Dennis Swartz
Rickert Property Management – Columbus, OH
ABR, CRB, CRS, GRI…experience counts!

There is a lot of money in this, someone new will step up soon and fill the void.

Feb 18, 2015 02:28 PM

1,872,602
William Feela
WHISPERING PINES REALTY – North Branch, MN
Realtor, Whispering Pines Realty 651-674-5999 No.

I think it will impact our site more than anything.    They are already laying off many workers from TRulia.  I could see the same here.  For them it is all about money first and everything else 2nd.    As long as they are way out of line on their information…the public will get the idea.

Feb 18, 2015 01:07 PM

2,101,474
Gabe Sanders
the BlueWater Realty team specializing in Martin County Residential Homes, Condos and Land Sales – Stuart, FL
Stuart Florida Real Estate

I don’t think it will change the nature of real Estate at all.  Just minor adjustments in the on-line landscape.

Feb 18, 2015 12:33 PM

73,252
Cindy Davis
SD Home Source Realty – San Diego, CA

If I think about it I feel discouraged. Instead I focus on the human aspects of what I do, those qualities that make me unique, and reach out to touch people one on one. This is where a wealthy corporation can never replace me!

Feb 18, 2015 10:32 AM

113,014
Annette Lawrence
ReMax Realtec Group – Palm Harbor, FL

We will see demonstrated, for all to see, which franchise, which brokerage, which real estate agent possesses real courage.

Those lacking courage will be assimilated.

The remaining few will carefully select the master they will serve.

Feb 18, 2015 10:26 AM